Thursday, August 31, 2006

BlogDay 2006



Today is BlogDay! YAY!

Today is a day to set aside and discover new blogs and highlight the ones you like. The past few months, I haven't had much time to surf the waves of the internet, so didn't have any blogs of my own to highlight. Instead, I made it my task to do some surfing and add new blogs to my RSS reader.

So, for my post, I'd like to introduce you to not only the new blogs that I've added, but to 5 of my favourite food blogs who recommended them to me via their BlogDay post. Quite fitting, no?

Without further ado:

1. Non Dairy Diary: Immediately, this appealed to my inner child. It reminded me of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie, two of my best childhood friends. This was recommended today by Sam over at the new look Becks & Posh.Delphine has also generously provided the pattern above.

2. Recipes from Tanzania: African food is very much unchartered territory for me, but I am intrigued by Miriam's blog, which I hope will navigate me through the waters of this cuisine. Recommended by Jeanne at Cook Sister!, Miriam blogs in Swahili and English, keeping the language alive while she lives in an English speaking country.

3. kitesurfing the menu: I'm so glad that Helen from Grab Your Fork listed this little beauty of a blog. Kevin, a Canadian, blogs from my home territory in Far North Queensland!

4. the life i chose: This blog really appeals to me. Funny that - since it's about a foreigner in a new country! Thanks, Ivonne, for recommending this on Cream Puffs In Venice.

And finally,

5. an open cupboard: is a simply elegant blog from the San Fransisco Bay Area. With an eclectic array of food on display, I'm sure to find inspiration here. Anne recommended it from her blog: Anne's Food.

Phew! It's still the 31/08, so I made it! I sure glad I found these blogs and look forward to enjoying them in the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie,

Great list! Isn't "The Life I Chose" fantastic?!

Search Daydream delicious...