Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall

Running a close second behind Nigel Slater as my most favouritist food personality, comes Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall. His endearing charm and passion for real food is a breath of fresh air. And the best thing about him? He practices what he preaches at River Cottage HQ.

Last night, as the rain continued to refresh the land, I curled up in front of Hugh's first series, Escape to River Cottage, and although I've only watched a couple of his television series, I feel that I've learnt so much from Hugh. From Sloe Gin to Pike Terrines and Victoria Sponge, he has reintroduced real English food to the nation. We're slowly working our way through each series, thanks to our ScreenSelect subscription. I am looking forward to devouring each and every episode, but will be sad when it comes to an end. I just hope that Hugh will continue bringing joy into my world.

Thanks to his website for the picture.

3 comments:

miss cupcake said...

Hi Bonnie,

I really miss all those cooking and home renovation shows in the UK. Even got Guillermo interested in Jamie's School Dinner, Justin and Colin...but Trinny & Susannah was a no-no for him.

Enjoy the shows on my behalf too!!

Pille said...

He is adorable, I totally agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie - I must confess that it took me a while to get used to him (especially the 'looks' side :)) but now I'm a big fan of him too. I enjoy reading his books as well as his site.

Search Daydream delicious...