Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Birthday, Slashfood!

My very favouritist food news website, Slashfood turns one tomorrow, and in true Slashfood style, they're having a birthday cake competition. And the stakes are high. For first place, the winner will receive The Cake Book and the runner-up will receive a copy of Crazy About Cupcakes. Since I own neither of these, I thought I'd give the challange a go.

I've never decorated a cake before, so I thought I'd keep it simple. I copied the Slashfood logo in the hope that it would catch the judges eye. The winners are announced in the morning, so all of my digits are crossed.

See the rest of the competition that I'm up against on this Flickr group.

Updated: Well, I guess the digit crossing worked! I came second. YAY for me! :) Look out for recipes from this book!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just gorgeous, Bonnie!

Anonymous said...

Very clever. It looks great! Good luck to you.

miss cupcake said...

Love the way you positioned the candle, looks really original and fun. Good luck.

Jen said...

and by the way.. I tagged you for the 5 foods you must try before you die list that Melissa from The Traveller's Lunchbox is compiling.
Hope you can join in!

Here's the link to my post:
http://ilovemilkandcookies.blogspot.com/2006/08/foods-to-try-before-you-die-australian_26.html

Jen said...

the cake is so clever! I hope you win...good luck

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Is the icing fondant? I think at some point I'm going to get brave and try to make some! Enjoy your cookbook!

Bonnie said...

Hi Claire!

Indeed it is fondant! Definately try some! Or do what I did and get the store bought stuff ;) (Oops, should I have admitted that?)

Thanks for your well wishes everyone!

Anonymous said...

good idea... looks tasty too:)
http://www.intera.ee/tool-tootool.html

Search Daydream delicious...